Thursday, October 28, 2010

Things That Make Me Giggle

* the 4 year old was wearing summer jammies-you know, those small little, cute shorts-commando style. He looked up at me smiling and said, "mom, my ball is out!"
* the 7 year old showing me how to Zumba
* the 11 year old practicing his "moves" for the middle school dance (eesh! I hope his friends have the same "moves". I don't want him to stand out.)
* the 2 year old saying, "what the hell". Of course it isn't appropriate...there's just something funny about naughties coming out of something so cute and little!
* while watching the boys play in the yard, the 4 year old was pretending that pirates were coming to get us. I acted worried and said, "what are we going to do?". My brave little 4 year old acted exasperated and declared, "Mom. Don't get excited. I've got it under control." Ok.
* the 7 year old telling me that learning to dance makes his head hurt.
* the 2 year old and 7 year old taking their job as "dog poop finders" VERY seriously. They don't miss a pile-every one gets pointed out to mama.
* my 4 year old was naming his brothers and saying everyone's age. "Mama, how big are you?" "32, babe". His eyes got super big, "Whoa, you are really big mommy!" Yeeaaah, thanks baby.
* I was being cutsie with the hubby, and lept toward the bed.....but missed...and landed on the floor!
* My 4 year old had to go #2 and I am the designated wiper. But I was downstairs dealing with a flooded bathroom floor. I heard him yelling at me, and I told to just wait a minute. When I got upstairs he was standing in his full glory in the living room watching TV. When he saw me, he did the pants-at-your-ankles run to the bathroom so mommy could see his "awesome poop".
* the 4 year old's and 7 year old's Christmas list. I must have told them about the newly-discovered money tree in the back yard.
* When declaring to our boys that some of their Christmas requests are too expensive, they confidently state that it's ok, they're just going to ask Santa for it. Awesome!



Ahhhh. Life may be stressful sometimes....but these are the moments that I choose to remember, share, and enjoy! Laughter truly is the best medicine.

7 comments:

Julia said...

Those are so cute! One of my fav kid moments was when my hubby was changing our 1 year olds diaper and accidentally flung poop onto my 2 1/2 year olds leg and my two year old through his hands up in the air and started running around in a circle yelling "oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh" we about had to tackle him to so he would hold still enough for us to clean his leg off. Good times.

Visting from SITS

Sheryl said...

Those comments really bring back memories.

Visiting from SITS.

MommaKiss said...

love when my kids call me "big"

jerks :p

Erin said...

That is so awesome! I love to hear all the fun things little ones say!
My 3 1/2 year old was with grandma's friends and wanted M&M's and was told no (becuz he was being a bad boy) and he proceeded to look at the host and say "When I am a good boy, I can have M&Ms so I can get fat like you"
OPPS!!! What he really meant was so I can grow up and be tall like she was! HA!

Jenni Chiu @MommyNaniBooboo said...

Yes... the cuteness give me giggles all the time. But seriously- the BEST is the visual of you flying through the air and missing the bed. :)

sara said...

Hahahahahahaha!!! Those are FABULOUS!!! They can always make us laugh. Thanks for sharing!
www.8aplenty.blogspot.com

jennie.newland said...

Haha! I had a huge smile on my face reading the first little bit of these...and then I burst out laughing when it came to you missing the bed. Which resulted in funny looks from DH! They just don't understand