It's no secret, I've been in a funk lately. When reality landed on my front door, I was taken by surprise...and am now trying to lay the path for my new "normal". Days have been stressful, and even though I can't seem to shut off my mind, I've seemed to find some kind of refuge in the joy and laughter of my family. They say laughter is the best medicine...you be the judge!
* "You gotta cech it!" said the 2yo blondie to mommy after he threw a rock in the house. That beautiful light blue rock was originally meant for some kind of decor as it so ironically had the word "Faith" engraved across the topside. "Faith" whizzed past my face and smashed into my new windows. "Petty. Petty Rock." (aka. pretty, pretty rock) Nothing like a little faith flashing before your eyes!!
* We were biking around our neighborhood on a quiet mid morning on a rare day that the sun was shining. The 4yo was a little ways ahead of myself and the take-his-time 2yo. A crow had just perched himself in the road when my 4yo targeted him and charged! Giggling, he turned back toward me with his big blue eyes and stated very proudly, "I scared the hell out of that bird!" Ya, sure did buddy!
* The 7 and 12 year olds were being silly. The 12 yo pulled his pants up really high over his stomach as the 7yo started to chant, "you're a ho-ho-ho-ho-ho!"
12yo, "I'm not a ho-ho-ho! You're a ho-ho-ho!"
Hubby and I chuckle because a) neither truly know the slang usage of the word and b) the 7yo is wearing a "Get Lucky" t-shirt that he acquired at a rummage sale! Bad parenting or just bad timing??!
* Hubby and I were recalling our first date, which was the movie Titanic, and sharing it with the kids over breakfast. At the mention of Titanic our 7yo looks up amazed and with complete sincerity asked, "You were on the Titanic!?!"
I look at him astounded and sarcastically chide, "Yeah. I look pretty good for over 100 years old."
"I know! You're hair's not even that gray!" comments the apple of my eye....as his dad chokes on his cereal in little-boy fits of laughter!
* the 2yo had just gotten out of the tub and was laying on the couch naked waiting for someone to put clothes on him. He reclined back across the pillows..in his naked glory....and lovingly serenaded himself, "penis...penis...penis...penis" and on and on it went in his sweet little voice.
* the 2yo, 4yo and myself were playing in the bedroom and I was being silly. The 4yo laughed and said, "that's funny mom!"
"I'm a pretty funny person, buddy."
"You're not a person. You're a girl." Um. OK. Thanks for the clarification kiddo!
* my 4yo now insists that we call him by several names...and if we don't, he corrects us, "Mom. My name is TJ pterandadon speedy star". I'll let you guess which one is ACTUALLY his birth name!
* the 4yo (obviously he is our comic relief lately!!) looked up at me at a very random moment and stated with all of the certainty and knowledge that a 4yo can have, "Mom. God made me man." ooooooooo......kkkkkkkkkk
And last but not least...I have to pay a little comic homage to my ever-steady, never-changing hubby:
* he came home from 2 weeks of training very tired. We were discussing the upcoming deployment. I looked at him with my sad blue eyes and said, "babe, I only have a month with you until you're gone! You should give me a foot rub every night because I won't get to have one for another year!"
Hubby looked at me and said, "ok. But then I get a blow job every night too." Forget it. I'll rub my own frickin' feet!