Thursday, September 30, 2010

ABC's of Me

It's the ABCs of me, if you want to play along feel free!

A - Age: 30......again!

B - Bed size: King- love it. I don't like to be touched.

C - Chore you hate: Cleaning the bathroom....didn't you read my post about my PTSD from potty-training (and still having them around) my boys? There is a direct link between wet walls and floors and not pointing things down and aiming!!

D - Dogs' names: Toby. He's a Dalmatian/lab mix...it's a love/hate relationship...way more hate than love.

E - Essential start to your day item: coffee and a quiet moment

F - Favorite color: Purple, but with having 4 boys I seem to own a lot of blue.

G - Gold or Silver: hmmmmm-never thought about it. I actually really like the look of platinum, but I'm a pretty simple girl so that probably goes against the grain. Let's go with silver.

H – Height: I've always said 5'6, but I think that's a lie by an inch or two.

I - Instruments you play: PLAYED is the correct statement. I played the clarinet from 5th grade through HS. Truth is, I wish I still had that instrument. Plus-I consider my voice an instrument- and I can sing.

J - Job title: stay at home mama and wife

K - Kid(s): Tyler-11 1/2, Tyson-7, Taylor-4, Teagan-2

L - Living arrangements: I live with my hubby, 4 kids, one cat, and one dog-I could do without the dog.

M - Mom's name:  mom

N – Nicknames: "C"- my hubby calls be that! Sometimes my boys call me "mama-bear"-usually when we are camping. And in high school they called me "stall".

O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: I don't remember it, but my mom has told me that I stayed in the hospital when I was really little for pneumonia.

P - Pet Peeve: People not putting there things where they go!!!!!As a wife and mama you can see how this particular pet peeve plagues me.

Q - Quote from a movie: "Sanka, ya dead man?"

R - Right or left handed: Right.

S - Siblings: Older sis, younger bro

T - Time you wake up: Hopefully before the kids-at least by a couple minutes- on school days; around 6:30-6:40. On the weekends, if we don't have activities, I lay in bed until the kids climb in with us.

U- Underwear: Of course! I like cheeky's, boy briefs, or hipsters....or anything that is clean in the drawer!

V - Vegetable you dislike: I can't think of one that I particularly dislike--I'm an equal opportunity veggie eater.

W - Ways you run late: kids, kids, kids, kids- getting four in the vehicle with all of their stuff seems to always take me longer than I anticipate.

X - X-rays: 2 in high school (broken finger and thought my ankle was broken). 2 as an adult (again thought ankle was broke and cracked my knuckle in half trying to pete-rose into home plate....really bad idea!)

Y - Yummy food you make: I'm a pretty good cook (toot, toot- that's me tooting my own horn). But family LOVES dessert pizza and dakota biscuit.

Z - Zoo animals: I love the zoo, but we don't have one close to us. Zoo animal I love- monkeys! Reminds me of home!!

Ok that was the list I found on the web but I did my own that I thought I would also share.

A-Attire: jeans, t-shirt, cute scarf...and always great makeup
B-Boobs: mine were broken after nursing 4 babies, and I would really like some "new" ones!
C-Car:2001 Pontiac Montana w/126,000+ miles, and hubby drives 1998 Buick Legacy w/135,000+ miles. We own both.
D-Drink: I love a great glass of Merlot.
E-Education: BS in Psychology and started my masters in counseling- wasn't able to finish. Hubby was in Iraq, I had a full time job, a 4 year old and a newborn. My plate was too full.
F-Family: They are my world and my purpose
G-God: I received the Lord and salvation while my hubby was in Iraq.
H-Home: my favorite place to be. I hate to leave.
I-Ice cream: Favorite treat.
J-Josh; my hubby, help-mate, lover, best friend
K-Kill 'em with Kindness: my mantra (most days)
L-Legs: They are my best feature.
M-    M-I-C-K-E-Y    M-O-U-S-E; He's my favorite!
N-Necktie: I think men look sexy in them.
O-Oranges: One of my favorite fruits (when I get a good one)
P-P90X: one of the best workouts....ever!
Q-Queen: I'm the queen of my house.....a house full of dudes.
R-Run: I enjoy running. It relaxes me and helps me think.
S-Scrap booking: My favorite hobby-I could sit in my corner and do it all day long.
T- Really??? TYLER, TYSON, TAYLOR, TEAGAN- the best T's in the world!!
U-Uniform: I'm a sucker for a man in a uniform (I've mentioned my hubby is a soldier, right?)
V-Vacation: Love them! Wish we took more of them. My favorite was our family trip to WDW last Christmas.
W-Water: My drink of choice, always.
X-Xtra: Ok that really starts with "e"-but that's a tough letter! There is always xtra love to go around...for yours, mine, and the ones that need a home.
Y-Yesterday: I try not to worry about it. I focus mainly on today and look forward to tomorrow.
Z-Zoboomafoo: One of my boys' favorite shows.

2 comments:

Lisa C. said...

tooo cute... and I feel ya about the boobs... mine are broken too.. between the twins, and loosing 110lbs.. they're going for non existent... bwahahaha if you find some new ones, let me know the secret.. lol

Mom vs. the boys said...

Love it! what a wonderful way to meet you and get to know you! we have so much in common, starting with all those boys in the house and the broken boobs! lol damn that breastfeeding! thanks for stopping by today, I'm following ya for sure!